The works and ongoing projects of Jonathan Ferran

jonferran@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Laser Power Module



I like working with lasers because they are just cool. It was a hassle to align the lasers, but I have the best excuse for why I stayed in the house on a friday night... "Oh, I had to align the lasers." "Had to troubleshoot the laser power module." Bad ass.

Anyway, stuff got wired up today. Soon I will post what my procedure was to align them. It took a while to figure out the right way to do it, but once I got it down, it's easy. The piece of acrylic is a bit bulged out in the middle so this made things a bit challenging. I need to get one of those nifty Peau Productions lenses for this camera because it can barely view the whole screen from where its mounted.

Here's some pics.


The voltage regulator circuit. Outputs a constant 3.2 volts for the lasers, no matter what voltage is input. Only 4 components to this circuit, the voltage regulator (black square with metal tab) 2 resistors and a capacitor.



















USB Powered lasers.





















Ready for wiring.





















Laser Laser Laser Laser. 2 with 120degree line lenses, 2 with 90 degree line lenses.





















This pic is cool because in real life the glow from the laser is a deep red.





















That's what the beam looks like.






















What the camera sees. Yay.





This one's for Reda.





















Final setup starts tomorrow.... now to write some software.... hmmm.... www.processing.org

No comments:

Post a Comment