The works and ongoing projects of Jonathan Ferran

jonferran@yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Got alot done

I pretty much finished the whole frame. I was going to use a piece of wood to tie it all together, but I decided to use this piece of square aluminum I bought from the hardware store. I will fill it out later with a platform if I need to. The back where the mirror is hanging off is still in need of a piece of square aluminum to tie it together and make it more sturdy. Hardware store closed at 1am. Will have to wait till tomorrow.

Here's the progress so far.


















Here are some construction pics.

I am fascinated by this square aluminum stock, it is very straight and sturdy. makes good straight things.

I clamped it all down and drilled some holes so it all lined up square.




























Then it was screwed together with drill point metal screws.

















The aluminum stock cut, waiting for drill batteries (note green drill handle sans orange battery on left of pic).


















Frame and screen mock up.


















The frame parts, drilled and ready to go.





















Mirror test - pass.




















Mirror mock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment